Kellie, Isabella, Isaiah, and Pastor Chris

Monday, February 21, 2011

Daily Word February 21, 2011 - "Preserve Me"

Psalm 16:1-2
"Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.  I say to the LORD, 'You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.'"
Where is hope?  Hope is the everlasting desire of man.  Movies are developed, songs are written, plays produced, and promises made about hope.  We want to believe.  What is the problem with this?  Is it man's desire to hope?  No, it is where man puts his hope.  Hope is not the problem, but the object of our hope is.  For the psalmist, he found in Psalm 16, all hope rested fully in the Lord.  The Lord was his shelter and provider.  The Lord was the only good thing about him.  Without the Lord, there was nothing worth experiencing.  This is the greatest of Christian virtues - to rest fully in the care of the Lord.  Knowing that God is worthy of our trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment