Kellie, Isabella, Isaiah, and Pastor Chris

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Daily Word, February 3, 2011 - "Psalm 8:3-4"

Psalm 8:3-4
"When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place; what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him!"
An interesting thought isn't it?  Perhaps the greatest truth of scripture is written here in poetic form by the psalmist, and yet for the most part, we are forgetful.  We forget as we bow our heads and pray that we are speaking to the only God, the One who put every created thing in its place.  When we come into worship, where mountains tremble and the foundations of the earth shake, we have lost our wonder.  When we look at creation, our minds quickly wander to the thoughts of evolution and questions of "how?"  But the psalmist looked at the heavens and was filled with humility.  Why would God care about little old me?  Why would God show His love and faithfulness toward me in that He sent His Son to die on my behalf?  Really, I have no answer.  What we know is that God was committed to mankind and wanted to restore the relationship that once existed, therefore, He sent His Son (Jesus) to die on my behalf.  To pay the penalty.  I, like the psalmist, wonder "who am I that you are mindful of me?  Who am I that you should love me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment