Kellie, Isabella, Isaiah, and Pastor Chris

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1, 2011 Daily Word - "Psalm 6:9"

Psalm 6:9
"The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD accepts my prayer."
The psalmist begins this passage in terrible anguish.  He prays that the Lord would stop rebuking and disciplining him in verse 1.  In verse 2 he says he is in anguish and trouble, followed by verse 3 where he says his soul is "greatly troubled".  Verse 6, is the pinnacle of his suffering where he says "I am weary with my moaning; every night I flood my bed with tears; I drench my couch with my weaping."  David is really troubles at this moment!  Ever been there?  Ever felt like the entire world was caving in around you?  Felt like you were no use to yourself, your family, your church, even to God?  But here is what is interesting to me.  Filled with this sense of overwhelming 'lostness', what was his approach?  It wasn't to call in the prayer warriors (though this can be helpful and godly).  It wasn't to get medication or see a doctor (though this is sometimes needed).  Instead, he kept praying.  Even though he felt as though no one was listening, he didn't stop, he just kept praying.  And in the end he claimed a truth that all of us can claim today "The Lord has heard my plea; the Lord accepts my prayer."  When all else fails, or before all else fails, sometimes the simplest approach is the best - go to God in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment