Kellie, Isabella, Isaiah, and Pastor Chris

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Daily Word March 22, 2011 - "I Turn My Hope To You"

Psalm 25:1-6
"Lord, I turn my hope to You.  My God, I trust in You.  Do not let me be disgraced; do not let my enemies gloat over me.  Not one person who watis for You will be disgraced; those who act treacherously without cause will be disgraced.  Make Your ways known to me, Lord; teach me Your paths.  Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; I wait for You all day long."
If you haven't noticed already, it seems that so many of the psalms are written out of a heart in distress.  They often are saturated with pain and anguish.  And yet, they quickly are turned from psalms of mourning to psalms of praise.  Why is that?  Because the writer so quickly recognizes that God's people are never really hopeless.  God's people are never really worn down.  Because????  They "turn their hope to You, Lord."  With no hope remains in anything the world offers, hope remains in the one thing that is totally out of this world - God!

No comments:

Post a Comment