Kellie, Isabella, Isaiah, and Pastor Chris

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Daily Word May 10, 2011 - Psalm 51

Psalm 51:1-2
"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.  Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin."
On Sundays we have been dealing with the topic of worship.  One of the things which we shall discover as we go along is the role that sin plays in blocking us from experiencing real worship.  Here David has a problem.  There is a divide in his relationship with God, that divide was his sin.  Sin had separated him from worship.  In Psalm 51, we hear his prayer.  He begins by praying, "have mercy on me."  He continues, "wash me...cleanse me."  David wanted to be totally clean as he stood before the Lord.  He wanted to be ready for worship.  Real worship always occurs after deep spiritual cleansing, which only the Holy Spirit can accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment