Kellie, Isabella, Isaiah, and Pastor Chris

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Daily Word May 12, 2011 - Psalm 51 Part II

Psalm 51:7-8a
"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Let me hear joy and gladness..."
In the Old Testament, purging with hyssop was a cleansing for the priest.  They would wash with hyssop so that they were prepared for service.  As David looks at his fallen condition, his failures, and his sin; he asks God to prepare him for service.  Those who are cleansed and ready for worship, are also excited about serving.  Then he says, "let me hear joy and gladness..."  He was worn out with all of the negative.  He knew his shortcomings, now he wanted God to speak joy into his heart.  What do you think?  Is David close to being ready for worship?

No comments:

Post a Comment