Kellie, Isabella, Isaiah, and Pastor Chris

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Daily Word May 24, 2011 - "Blessed"

Psalm 32:1-2
"Blessed is the man whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.  Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit."
One of my favorite passages is psalm 32.  I have meditated on it many times.  As we look at the psalm as a whole we see the pain of unforgiveness in verses 3 & 4.  The guilt of sin can wear us out.  But verse 5 for me is the key to the man's "blessedness" - "I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity..."  When we are transparent and honest with a holy God, when we come to the end of ourselves and confess our failures - we serve a God who is faithful to forgive.  When he has forgiven - blessedness (happiness) is all that is left.  As a child many times I failed my parents.  Hiding that from them caused more grief than the discipline ever could.  With God, we find the same.  Dealing with our sin is difficult, but liberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment