Kellie, Isabella, Isaiah, and Pastor Chris

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Daily Word June 9, 2011 - "Psalm 40"

Psalm 40:1-2 "Restored"
"I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry.  He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure."
Ever done something wrong?  Offended the coworker or dissappointed the boss?  Let your spouse or your children down?  You know the feeling, right?  That feeling of utter grief and dismay.  You feel like everything you do will be wrong.  The more you try to fix the problem, the worse the problem becomes.  But then comes that moment when the offended begins takes notice of you.  They sit down and discuss what happened.  They talk about forgiveness and how to make the problem better.  Here the psalmist finds himself.  He has wandered with his sin and grief for long enough.  He has made the problem worse with every futile attempt.  But suddenly the Lord hears him.  Listen to God's restoration: "He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock..."  No more quicksand, no more continually sinking deeper into the destruction, but a new day.  A day of restoration and security.  Only God can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment