Kellie, Isabella, Isaiah, and Pastor Chris

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Daily Word August 3, 2011 - "We Recount Your Wondrous Deeds"

Psalm 75:1
We give thanks to you, O God;
we give thanks, for your name is near.
We recount your wondrous deeds.
Sometimes life is good...sometimes life is hard...But what gets us through it all?  The Psalmist says that he "recounted" God's wondrous deeds.  That is that he "counted again".  He thought hard upon the things that God had done.  Perhaps he had them written down, maybe he just began to count all of things God had done for Him in his life.  Whatever the case, as we consider everything God has done for us, it is easy to see hope through the storm as we remember God's actions toward us.  I can only speak for myself but, God has done to many things for me to count.  If he never blessed me the rest of my life, he has done to much already.  But God's wondrous deeds towards me are a constant reminder of His constant and abiding love.  God does not love in word only, but in deed and action.  Today: recount (count again) all that God has done for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment